- The 2017 Beach Soccer Intercontinental Cup, also known as the Huawei Beach Soccer Intercontinental Cup Dubai 2017 for sponsorship reasons, was the seventh edition of the Beach Soccer Intercontinental Cup, an annual international beach soccer tournament contested by men's national teams, held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. After the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup, the Intercontinental Cup is the biggest.
- Al Tayer Motors sponsored the US$ 1 million Dubai Gold Cup race at the Dubai World Cup 2017- one of the world’s most glamourous and exciting equestrian events. The Dubai Gold Cup was won by the Belgian champion jockey Christophe Soumillon and the French-trained horse Vazirabad, owned by HH Aga Khan, for the second time in a repeat of last.
- Before that, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed, Dubai Crown Prince, opened the 2017 Dubai World Cup and people swept into the venue to enjoy the racing as well as fashion competitions and many other entertainment activities, including an after-race concert by Australian pop star Sia.
- The best is kept until last, Arrogate adds the Dubai World Cup to the Breeders Cup and the Pegasus Stakes for a seventh win from 8 starts and a third Dubai W.
The world’s equal best racehorse Arrogate defied a slow start to dominate the final stages of the US$10million Dubai World Cup, to see his career – read, annual – earnings eclipse $17millionbut no, we’re not here talk about that. We’re gathered here today to talk about how Dubai World Cup 2017 was a stylish.
Now the 2nd richest race in the World behind the Pegasus World Cup which had its inaugural race this year and was won by what many believe is the best horse today, Arrogate.
Arrogate has not let up since his record-setting race he won by more than 13 lengths in the Grade I, $1 million Travers Stakes at Saratoga last August. He continues to show race fans why he could be one of the best horses ever after winning the $6 million Breeders’ Cup Classic at Santa Anita in November by a half-length. He just keeps getting better and he proved once again in the inaugural Pegasus World Cup winning easily by almost 5 lengths.
He has earned more than $11 million in 7 lifetime races and is owned by Juddmonte Farms, and looks great coming into Saturday’s Dubai World Cup. He will face 13 runners on Saturday and many have some good resumes. He may not get the fanfare that California Chrome received winning at last year’s Dubai World Cup, but when he crosses the wire, his name will be on top in the sport.
Here’s the rest of the field, post positions and odds for the 2017 Dubai World Cup
1) Apollo Kentucky (USA) 30-1
2) Long River USA 60-1
5) Gun Runner (USA) 8-1
6) Move Up (GB) 60-1
7) Awardee (USA) 30-1
8) Furia Cruzada (CHI) 60-1
9) Arrogate 1-3
Play game get real money. 10) Keen Ice 20-1
11) Neolithic 20-1
12) Hoppertunity 15-1
Dubai World Cup Entertainment 2017 2019
13) Special Fighter (IRE) 30-1
14) Mubtaahij (Ire) 8-1
Dubai World Cup Entertainment 2017 Schedule
Best Bet: #9 Arrogate – It’s his race to lose and I for one don’t see anyone challenging this great horse. He is trained by Bob Baffert and Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith gets the mount. His bloodlines are Unbridled’s Song – out of Bubbler. bred by Clearsky Farms and is ranked #1 of 134.
Dubai Entertainment Book 2017
Best Value: #10 Keen Ice
Holidays To Dubai 2017
Exacta Key Box 9/10, 12, 5
Long Shot play: #12 Hoppertunity with earnings of over $4 million and was the winner last fall at Belmont Park in the Jockey Club Gold Cup. He could make things interesting on Saturday.
Dubai World Cup
Good luck on Saturday!