- Let's take a quick peek at the newly released World Series of Poker - Full House Pro for the Xbox 360. Don't worry, I'm a MUCH better poker player than I show here. Just wanted to give you a.
- When playing most variations of poker, whether it is Texas Hold'em, Seven-card Stud, Omaha or Draw, your ultimate goal is to make the best five-card hand. The highest possible hand is a Royal Flush.
Poker Hand Ranking from Best to Worst
A hand in poker consists of 5 cards, including a number of 'core' cards which determine the rank of a hand. Also, if there are less than 5 core cards, a number of side cards often called kickers are added to bring the total number of cards to 5.
Play Online and Free. Learn the Poker Rank of Hands. Poker Hand Rankings allows you to know when you have won and which is the strongest hand. Official poker hands ranking overview with an explanation of which hand wins in Texas Hold’em. Including PDF overview for printing.
For example, in a Three of a Kind hand J-J-J-Q-8, the 3 jokeys are the core cards while Q and 8 are kickers.
How Does Full House Work In PokerIn the table below the cards which determine the rank of a hand are marked by a frame, the rest of the cards are kickers.
|Royal Flush||A sequence of five cards of the same suit from ace to ten.|
|Straight Flush||Any sequence of five cards of the same suit.|
|Four of a Kind||Any four cards of the same rank.|
|Full House||Any three cards of the same rank combined with any two cards of the same rank.|
|Flush||Any five non-consecutive cards of the same suit.|
|Straight||Any five consecutive cards which are not of the same suit.|
|Three of a Kind||Any three cards of the same rank.|
|Two Pair||A pair of cards of the same rank combined with another pair of cards of the same rank.|
|One Pair||Any two cards of the same rank.|
|High Card||Any other hand.|
Please note, that in variants of poker where a player has more than 5 cards available to form a poker hand, the remaining cards don't affect the ranking. Ranks of poker hands are always based on five cards only, and if these cards are equal then the hands are equal and their owners split the pot.
Full House Poker Ranking Systems
It's easy to determine the winner when only one player at the table has a hand with the highest rank. If this is not the case, the general rule is: first compare the core cards, then, if necessary, the kickers.
For example, if 2 players have a Three of a Kind hands Q-Q-Q-8-6 and J-J-J-Q-8, the first hand wins as the rank of it's core cards is Q which is higher than rank of the second hands core cards J. If the hands were Q-Q-Q-J-6 and Q-Q-Q-J-8, than the second hand wins: its last kicker 8 beats the first hands kicker 6.
Full House Poker Ranking System Requirements
Below is a more comprehensive set of rules:
- Straight Flush: a hand whith the card of the highest rank wins.
- One Pair, Three of a Kind, Four of a Kind: compare the ranks of 2 cards forming a pair, 3 cards forming three of a kind or or 4 cards froming four of a kind between hands: the hand with the higher rank wins. If ranks are the same, use the same method as in High Card to compare the remaining cards.
- Full House: the hand with highest rank of 3 cards wins, if these are equal, the hand with highest rank of 2 cards wins.
- High Card and Flush: sort the cards in each compared hand descending by rank, then compare the sorted cards one by one between the hands. The hand which has a card with the highest rank wins.
- Straight: take the card with the highest rank from each compared hand, the hand with a card of highest rank wins.
- Two of a Kind: compare the pairs with the higher rank between hands, if their rank is the same then compare the pairs with the lower rank. If their rank is also the same, than compare the ranks of the kickers.If it's still impossible to determine the winning hand using the methods above, then the compared hands are equally strong and their owners split the pot.
Poker, in its many different forms, is one of the most common, and most strategic games on the Las Vegas casino floor.
Each Poker game uses a fifty-two (52) card standard deck of cards. The cards are ranked from Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 through Two in descending order. An Ace may also be used as a card lower ranking than a Two in sequence. Poker is played against other competing players
Las Vegas Poker Rooms offers a wide variety of games and limits to suit all player needs.
Ranking of Poker Hands
A Poker hand at the showdown consists of your best five cards ranked from highest to lowest (as well as most rare to likeliest), according to the following list:
Royal Flush - An Ace-high straight flush is called a 'Royal Flush'.
Straight Flush - Five cards of same suit in sequence
Four-of-a-Kind - Four cards of the same rank.
Full House - Three cards of same rank and two cards of same rank.
Flush - Five cards of same suit.
Straight - Five cards in sequence.
Three-of-a-Kind - Three cards of the same rank.
Two Pair - Two cards of same rank and two other cards of same rank.
One Pair - Two cards of same rank.
High Card - The highest ranking card in the hand.
In Poker, all suits are of equal value. If two or more hands are tied in a category, the tie is broken by the rank of the unmatched cards in the five-card hand.
How to play Texas Hold'Em
Play Texas Hold 'Em, the most popular variation of poker in Las Vegas. Great for beginners, learn Texas Hold'Em rules and let's show you how to get the best five card high hand.
How to play Let It Ride
This exciting variation of Five-Card Stud Poker is easy to learn and fun to play. Make your bets using your three cards and two cards and if you've got a good hand, just Let It Ride.0
How Do Full Houses Work In Poker
How to play Pai Gow Poker
Learn Pai Gow Poker rules and let's show you how to sett the highest possible ranking according to the House Ways and beat both of the Banker's two hands.
How to play 3 Card Poker
Three exciting ways to play! Learn to play Three Card Poker, the new Las Vegas casino table games. Let us help you master this exciting variation to Poker and simply beat the dealers hand and get paid.
Video Poker House Advantage and Expected Lose
|House Advantage||For Every $100 bet, the player can expect to lose|
|Video Poker||0.5%-5%||50c - $5|
Things you should know about playing poker in Las Vegas
Most Las Vegas casinos offer Non-smoking tables
Free lessons are available at most Las Vegas casinos
Any poker dealer or host will be most happy to answer any question you might have. Just ask.