- Odds Of Winning The National Lottery Uk
- Odds Of Winning National Lottery Uk Jackpot
- What Are The Chances Of Winning The National Lottery Uk
The way the UK lottery works is that you have a card with the numbers 1-59 marked on it and you have to choose any six of them. What we need to work out is how many different ways you can choose 6 numbers out of the 59 available.
- According to the EuroMillions website, the chances of winning the UK Millionaire Maker game can be estimated as 1 in 1,900,000. But winning in this game depends entirely on the number of the.
- Thousands of people are rushing to buy lottery tickets in an attempt to win UK’s highest ever jackpot of £50.4 million, but the odds of winning are incredibly miniscule Wednesday 06 January.
The odds of winning the jackpot are 139,838,160 to 1.
In maths we say 'how many different combinations of 6 can we choose from a total of 59' and we write it with the numbers next to a big letter 'C' as you can see in the diagram. To work it out you fill the numbers into the formula. (You can find out exactly where this groovy looking formula comes from in Do You Feel Lucky?)
To use the formula you need to know that the '!' sign is called a 'factorial' which means you need to multiply the number by every smaller number down to 1. So for example 5! = 5x4x3x2x1 = 120. (Some calculators have a ! button on them.) If we wrote the top line of this formula out in full we'd get 59x58x57x56.. right down to ..4x3x2x1. The bottom line is 6x5x4x3x2x1 x 53x52x51x50..etc down to ..4x3x2x1.
It all seems awful but DON'T PANIC! The fun part is that monstrous sums like these cancel themselves to bits and you can actually rip though them really quickly. This one produces the answer that there are 45,057,474 combinations in total, and only ONE of them will win you the jackpot. So your chances of winning the jackpot are 1 in 45,057,474.
Now you've understood all this, let's get back to the top
Have you heard of Richard Lusting, and how he won seven times in the lottery for the past 2 years? Richard Lusting confess that he was buried in debt two years ago, but after winning a total of $1, 047, 060.50 and a jackpot price of $842,151.92, he lived a life far beyond what he dream of.
Nine Tips on How to Win the Lottery
- To increase your probability of winning, you need to buy more tickets. But the downside of this is that you may need to spend lots of money to win a price. The worth of your winnings may not be fully compensated because of the high investment you put in buying tickets. This was proven by an Australian firm who try this trick in a local lottery. But then again, buying more lottery ticket may help improve your chances of winning.
- Form a lottery syndicate where you gather money from lottery players. This means you get more tickets and lottery numbers which means you will all have better chance of hitting the jackpot. The downside is, you may have to share the jackpot price with many people. But maybe, you will not complain if your group won $500 million dollar and you have to divide it between 10 winners! If you don’t want to spend a fortune, playing a lottery syndicate will increase your odds of winning.
- Don’t choose consecutive numbers. For example, if you play a lottery with five winning numbers and you have to choose until numbers 55. The total numbers must be between 104 and 176. Studies have shown that 70% of lottery jackpots have sums that fall in this range.
- Don’t choose a number that falls in the same number group or ending with a similar digit. Although, there is a possibility that you may win, but the probability is very low.
- Look for more unpopular games played at odd times. Don’t go for lottery games that always have a winner try to explore other unpopular games. Most likely, people will all go to that lottery game, so your chance of winning is lesser. Go to the less popular, with lesser game player, so your odd of winning is higher.
- Better if you will play less popular lottery games with fewer players, so you will have less competition. You may try less popular lotteries such as Suprenalotto, Eurojackpot, and Superlotto plus. The jackpot price may seem small but the odds of winning are higher.
- Some people tend to play lotto based from the numbers of their birthday, or the birthday of a family member. If this happens, you will usually get more numbers from 1 to 31, as this corresponds to the days in the calendar method. If you choose numbers above 31, this may not increase your chance of winning but it can boost your probability of not sharing the prize with anyone.
- Keep in mind that every number in the lottery has an equal probability of being chosen as the winning number. There is no software that could predict the exact winning number. But you can increase your chance of not splitting the jackpot price if you use the not so common number.
- Play the right games. There are many kinds of lottery games that you could play. If you join the national lottery draw, there is much broader number pool as compared with a local or state lottery. In a local lottery, you have to be physically present during the draw, but the odd of winning is higher compared with a nationwide lottery.
Seven Time Lottery Grand Prize Winner Shares His Secret
- $10,000 from Scratch-off ticket
- $13,696.03 in Florida Fantasy 5
- Holiday to Los Angeles, amounting to $3,594.66 from scratch-off ticket 2nd chance draw
- Holiday to Memphis, around $4,966 from scratch-off ticket 2nd chance draw
- $842,152.91 from Florida Mega Money
- $73,658.06 in Florida Fantasy 5
- $98,992.92 from Florida Fantasy 5
- Do your Homework.You need to search whether your numbers are a good set of numbers to win the lottery. Remember, every number has an equal chance of winning.
- Don’t go for quick pick numbers. Your chance of winning may not be high if the machines pick the number for you. The odds may not be in your favor.
- Stick to your numbers. Even if you lose a couple of times, stick to the numbers you pick, who knows it may appear next time.
- Don’t follow lotto fever. Some people spend too much when the jackpot price is too high or when it reaches around $300 million dollars or so. Since, more people knew that the jackpot price is higher; people will all swarm to lottery outlet to buy ticket. Of course, with too many people buying the ticket, your chances of winning may be too little.
Odds Of Winning The National Lottery Uk
He shared that a sure way to boost your chances of winning lotto is to pick your own numbers not the quick-pick option. Lustig shared that it doesn’t matter how you come up with your number, the thing is, once you pick your number, research for them and see if it is a good number, then you have to stick with it.
How to Win the Lottery - Can You Put the Odds on your Favor?
Odds Of Winning National Lottery Uk Jackpot
What Are The Chances Of Winning The National Lottery Uk
The winner reveals it all, you just have to read and apply the winning method! Click here to watch now